Our suggestions for some attractions to visit...
Explore a Village/Town/Périgueux
Visit a Castle
Visit a Cave
Experience a French Market
Our suggestions for some activities to visit...
Go Canoeing or Kayaking
Try a Cable Water Park!!!
Go take a Hike!
Money to burn? Why not try Hot Air Ballooning
Things to ‘SEE’ and ‘DO’ in Dordogne
This section is really aimed at families that have never visited France before and it is also intended for families who have never visited the Dordogne department before.
So if you are stuck for an idea, do not fear, we have listed some of our favorite things to see and do here in Dordogne (which we have actually seen and done ourselves) and we hope that you will also enjoy them too. We are often asked for suggestions of things to see and do, so here they are.
But Some Important Notes First ...
To avoid disappointment upon arival, we highly recommended that you check the opening times first for the tourist attraction that you intend to visit. It is not unusual for attractions to close for lunch, close on a certain day of the week or for a certain period of the year.
Most staff can speak quite good English, however, if you do not feel confident in calling, we are more than happy to call on your behalf. I suggest calling because websites can be out-of-date and that is even if they have a website!
Please also note that in peak season some attractions may require pre-booked tickets. E.g. The Lascaux Caves.
Our 6 Suggestions for Tourist Attractions in Dordogne
1. Explore at least one of the many pretty villages or towns in Dordogne.
2. Walk round a (beautiful garden).
3. Visit une grand château (a big castle).
4. Check out middle earth and visit a grotte or a gouffre (cave).
5. Experience an inland seaside like the French locals and visit an étang.
6. If you have not done so before, then definitely experience the hustle and bustle of a French Market.